This position is ideal for a current senior accountant who is looking for the opportunity to advance to manager level, or a manager looking for a fantastic partnership opportunity.
This is an in-office position as you will work closely supervising, directing, assisting, and managing other members of the team.
- Review and prepare individual, corporate, partnership tax returns. Limited number of trust and non-profit returns.
- Identify applicable tax issues and planning opportunities, assist with implementation
- Review and respond to IRS and state & local tax notices, audits
- Perform and supervise accounting write-up/prepared financial statements
- Comprehensive year-end tax planning, including analyzing profits, payroll withholding requirements
- Supervise and review work of other team members (tax and accounting)
- Learn various aspects of music industry, athlete taxation, and various other small business clients
- Current CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, strong grasp of accounting and financial statement concepts
- Current CPA firm and/or family office experience. 5-10 years recent experience preferred. Will evaluate based on experience and skill level
- In depth knowledge and experience with tax return concepts for Individuals, S Corporations, C Corporations, LLC’s, Partnership’s
- Experience with tax audits and review and responding to notices
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve issues (tax and financial), perform research, demonstrate critical thinking necessary to implement advice and planning
- Strong software skills, including proficient in Excel, experience with CCH ProSystem’s.
- Ability to interact and effectively manage communication with clients (written, verbal, and in person)
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, clients and tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid time off (vacation and sick days)
- Company paid health benefits
- Paid CPE time off
- Paid parking
- Flexible schedule
- Free/reimbursed concert tickets
- A very busy schedule, with room for growth
- A supportive, professional and casual work environment