This position is ideal for a candidate with prior CPA firm experience, including a background in both tax preparation (individual, business, and non-profit returns), as well as accounting/bookkeeping.
To be successful and effective in this position, you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the confidence to work directly with clients. You should be flexible, hard working, and have the ability to thrive in a small firm, “roll-up-your-sleeves and get the work done” environment. This position requires the ability, skills and experience to take a project from start to finish, successfully interacting with clients, taxing authorities, other staff, and partners. Overtime is required during tax season and at other times during the year.
The position has significant growth potential (including partnership possibilities). We are looking for someone with the necessary qualifications and similar long-term career objectives.
High level candidates looking to make changes in their current employment/partnership position are welcome and encouraged.
This is an in-office position as you will work closely supervising, directing, assisting, and managing other members of the team.
- CPA/EA or CPA Candidate
- Recent CPA firm experience in both tax preparation and accounting. Tax preparation experience should include both individual and all entity types. Accounting experience should include strong general ledger preparation and review skills. Reviewed/audited financials helpful but not necessary
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with ProSystemfx (or comparable program)
- Experience with tax research programs/software
- Good working knowledge of Excel and Word
- Experience with QuickBooks, Quicken, other accounting packages
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, juggle multiple projects/assignments
- Ability to grow and expand both in work and responsibility
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 401K with company contribution
- Paid time off (vacation and sick days)
- Company paid health benefits
- Paid CPE time off
- Paid parking
- Flexible schedule
- Free/reimbursed concert tickets
- A very busy schedule, with room for growth
- A supportive, professional and casual work environment
APPLY HERE: Resume@zzrjllp.com